Friday 25 September 2009

It is time to turn this mother out

This post is about Achewood.

Where to start with this thing?

I been reading it for a time now. All used to thinking of these cats like they people.

If I read too much at once I get ache-vision. Viewing life through Beef's or Ray's eyes.

It has been an influence on me, leastways.

Onstad has created, and I have consumed, and the man can write worth more'n a damn I tell you. Such turns of phrase as you never did see. Words thrown together in an order.

Try it. When the party kicks in you might wind up liking it.




But mainly this is to tell you that I have two of his books now and they are a piece of class. The hardback versions would fit right in any well turned out bookcase.

I got his cookbook as well but it is not as well made.

No comments:

Post a Comment